Okay Fitter Foodies… are you ready for an excellent oven baked recipe that’s so much lower in fat
than the fried version????? It’s simple to make and it’s tasty too.
These are my very special Baked Pork Chops – are you ready????? This is one of the recipes I asked my husband to switch to when we first met and he was cooking for me. He makes the best fried foods ever but I switched him over to baked. It’s just healthier. He loves them too so if a cook/chef loves them, they must be good – right?
Oven Baked Pork Chops (almost as good as fried)
Prep Time: 10 minutes or less
From Breading to Eating: About 30 – 35 minutes
1 package Pork Chops – I love them with the bone but some prefer without; either will be fine
1 cup Bread crumbs – I prefer Progresso Italian seasoned, after all, I ‘m Italian; however they do have all kinds to choose from
1 egg or 2 egg whites depending on what you prefer (I use 2 egg whites)
1 tablespoon water or skim milk (just for extra moistness but not necessary)
¼ – ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (I use the lower fat by Kraft)
A dash of garlic powder (to your taste)
A dash of onion powder (if you like it)
A dash of pepper (to your taste)
A dash of salt (if you are not on a salt restricted diet)
Heat oven to 425°F.
- Either Line pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray(for easier clean-up) or spray pan directly
- In one bowl mix breadcrumbs, grated cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and any other dry seasonings you like. (Some prefer to use a zip lock bag to do a shake and bake kind of thing)
- In the second bowl eggs or egg white mixture with water.
- First Coat Pork Chops with egg mixture then with bread crumb mixture.
- Spray Pork Chop with cooking spray and place on already coated baking tray.
- Bake anywhere from 15 – 25 minutes depending upon your oven, turn over once inbetween and spray pork chop with cooking spray.
Be careful you don’t take out of oven too early or the breadcrumbs do not get crisp. No one wants to eat a soggy pork chop.
Enjoy. It’s very, very tasty. At least try it and let me know how it is!!!! I LOVE THEM BUT THEN AGAIN – I LOVE FOOD.
From your Fitter Foodie Fanatic – Marion www.getmotivatedwithmarion.com